FEZA Board meeting
On January 22, 2021, the FEZA Board, together with 8th FEZA Congress Organizing Committee (OC), have an videoconference meeting concerning covid-19 pandemic situation and proposed action.
Present FEZA Board members: R. Bell (UK), J. Bronic (HR), S. Coman (RO), G. Giordano (IT), R. Glaser (DE), K. Hadjiivanov (BG), P. Hudec (SK), I. Ivanova (RUS), S. Mintova (FR), M. Opanasenko (CZ), P. Pescarmona (NL), V. Rakic (RS), D. Serrano (ES), A. Valente (PT), N. Zubokovec (SI). Due to internet connection problems, S. Mintova left meeting after 10 min.
Absent FEZA Board members: D. Majda (PL), I. Palinko (HU)
Present OC members: P. Wright, T. Bennett
Here is summary of decisions:
- 8th FEZA Congress Organizing Committee (OC) proposed on-line Conference, due to the difficulties caused by covid-19 pandemic situation that affect all people over the world.
- The aim is to maintain this European traditional conference series, at already re-scheduled date - July 2021.
- MCI company, with experience and expertise in on-line congresses, will be support to the OC.
- The FEZA Board unanimously agree with this proposal.
- The OC agree to open web system for the new abstracts submission and guaranteed a fast revision process ASAP.
- The early bird registration will be closed at begin of April 2021. The OC will try to organize some special session (such as industrial, PhD session, etc.) and have significantly reduced fee for all participants.
- MCI suggest for early bird registration a fee from 50-100 £ for PhD student and a fee close to 200 £ for regular participants.
The 8th FEZA Conference is postponed.
Instead of July 2020, it will be held in Brighton 4-7 July 2021.
More about conference at this web pages
The third Cronstedt's Award is granted to prof. Wieslaw J. Roth (Jagiellonian University, Poland) and prof. Jiří Čejka (Charles University, Czech Republic) for their substantial contributions to the fundamental aspects of synthesis and understanding of two-dimensional motifs/layers in zeolites.
The Award will be delivered during postponed 8th FEZA Conference in Brighton. Find more information and links at Cronsted Award section.
Due to the situation caused by coronavirus and fact that 8th FEZA Conference is postponed, Student grants for covering of student fee (xx GBP) for 8th FEZA Conference are also postponed and will be announced on this page!
The 5th Euro-Asian Zeolite Conference will be held in Busan, South Korea, is postponed to 2022! More about meeting at: 5EAZC.
Links to scheduled meetings, organized by FEZA member countries, can be found at section Other meetings.
More about Student grants for meetings, organized under auspices of FEZA, can be found at section Student grants.
If you have any suggestions for web pages or content improvement, do not hesitate to send us an e-mail to email@example.com.